Wednesday 14 October 2015

The Hairy Fairy

I had a recent request to make a character that exists in a reading-scheme book at my kids school.

'The Hairy Fairy!'

The request specified that he had to be 'pocket sized' as a previous headteacher had put those cute little fairy doors around the school, and he had to relate to those.

So, I found a great pattern for a fairy:

Crochet Fairy Pattern - Ravelry

And with some tweaking to take into account the required hairy legs and beard, I ended up with:


His wings were made from the bottom part of this butterfly pattern: 



I used gold glitter glue to stiffen the crown and the wings.

Really enjoyed making this little guy, and hope he brings some pleasure to the kiddies at the school!

Let me know what you think.

In other news, the fire is on, as it's a chilly night, and a celebratory glass of wine will be poured soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment